Work has begun to ensure the Groom looks almost as splendid as his Bride. Over the last few weeks I’d measured the victim groom and made a pattern using the really excellent directions on this site. I made a trial waistcoat without lining or anything out of cheap polycotton and used that to refine the fit of the pattern. A few adjustments ready and we’re good to go.

First up, cutting the fabric.

I’ve made bits and bobs before but had never tried adding a flat pocket so here we go.

A few more pins and things later…

…and it’s coming together.

Maybe I’ll leave the big reveal til the day though..!

Advertisements